Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Entry 1 - My Jouney With RSD

Well here’s Entry 1 of my story

                In 2009 I was working in the oil field in water transfer area. We were working a job on an afternoon in May laying the pipe used to transfer water to the frack tanks. We unload the pipe off a trailer being pulled along as the pipe hits the ground usually alongside a road. As the pipe stack gets lower a person must pull stakes from rails that support the pipe on the trailer and these rails come in three stakes which make up the rails and all of them are connected by short chains.  On May 20th I was at the rear rail as we were headed down a paved road and I pulled the first stake off the rail. As I pulled the stake free, my foot slipped off the pavement and my hand did not clear as the stake swung down like a pendulum that smashed its corner into my hand and the side of the trailer.  That night I just went home assuming that I just had bruised the muscle nothing else, but after I got home my thumb and center of my hand turned green and swelled up two to three times its normal size. I texted my boss about taking the next day off because I had hurt my hand that day (he had been next to me when it happened).  

I am re posting this to get back into the rhythm of writing about this. Next post will be in a day or 2 and might be audio instead of typed words. If you want to hear more let me know, I ask this because I don't want to bore you guys. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment